The 2011 American Silver Eagle coin will soon be available to purchase from coin dealers as well as authorized distributors. Silver Eagle coins are certainly in demand – sales of the coin shattered quite a few records within November of 2010. Actually, not any other month in the coin’s history has seen greater sales including December of 1986, the first calendar month which the coin had been released!
I purchased my very first American Silver Eagle coin back in February of 2001 (a box of 100) and paid $6.99. In those days, buying silver coins of any sort wasn’t on anyone’s priority list except perhaps for the most diehard silver fans. With a gain of 329.18% on that coin, as you might imagine, I’m thrilled with my decision to invest in Silver Eagles.
You’re probably wondering, however, with the price of silver trading over $30 an ounce, does it still makes sense to invest in American Silver Eagles?
The answer to that question is a resounding YES! Here are 5 reasons why I believe you should invest in this lovely silver coin.
1. You can add Silver Eagles to your IRA. In fact, they are the only silver coin that you are allowed to put in your retirement account. Great for diversification purposes!
2. They have a U.S. government guarantee. They are the only silver bullion coins whose silver purity, weight and content are guaranteed by the U.S. government. When you purchase a silver eagle you know that you are getting one troy ounce of 99.9% pure silver!
3. They are very easy to buy and sell. Because of their recognition worldwide and backing by the United States government, you won’t have any trouble buying or selling these coins from or to online dealers or local coin shops.
4. Shhhhh! You don’t have to report your sale to the IRS. That’s not the case with some precious metals. No matter how many American Silver Eagles you sell, you won’t have to fill out that nasty 1099B form come tax time!
5. Even now, with the price of silver trading over $30 an ounce, the profit potential of buying a silver eagle is excellent. The price of silver closed at $16.99 an ounce on December 31st 2009. If I had told you on that date that American Silver Eagles were still cheap and that if you bought now, you would make an 82% return on your investment in 2010, would you have believed me?
I don’t know what the price of silver will ultimately do in 2011. However, all the current factors that made the metal so attractive in 2010 are still in place – investor demand, a weak U.S. dollar, uncertainty about the global financial system (particularly Europe), worries about inflation, etc.
With the current environment, I believe buying the beautiful 2011 American Silver Eagle Coin is going to be one of the smartest investment moves you’ll make in 2011!
Article Source: http://www.articlesnatch.com
About the Author:
If you haven’t secured your order of the 2011 American Silver Eagle yet, now is the time to act!
The U.S. Mint is limiting the allocation of 2011 Silver American Eagles to distributors.
Order yours today at: ==> http://BullionBargains.us